Statesboro High School Procedures for Football Games Held at Womack Field 2020:
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Statesboro High School would like to communicate the following to all parents, patrons, students, and media in regards to football game procedures this season.
- The Bulloch County School District strongly encourages social distancing and face masks/coverings at all school events. Signs will be posted as reminders. There will also be frequent PA announcements as reminders.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged in the stands. Family units may sit together. The SHS student section will be enlarged and designated for social distancing. The SHS administration will monitor and enforce procedures in the student section. Home and visitor fans not willing to comply with the stated guidelines may be asked to leave without refund.
- Football tickets will only be available electronically on the GoFan website or mobile app. Statesboro Football tickets are $8. There is a $1 convenience fee for all electronic tickets. There will be no cash ticket sales at the game. Stadium capacity is limited to under 50%. Tickets are limited to 2800. Reserved seats and season passes will be presold and count toward the 50% limit.
- Students under high school age attending the game must be accompanied by an adult.
- The concessions are run by the SHS band boosters who will follow the restaurant guidance of the most recent Georgia Governor’s Orders. SHS concessions are cash only.
- Parents and children are not allowed to enter the football field or track before, during, or after the game. Coaches, players, officials, approved media, and essential team personnel are the only people allowed on the track and field. Exceptions will include senior night, homecoming, or other special events.
- Parents and fans are asked to exit the stadium immediately once the game has concluded.
- Teams will utilize the player box from 10 yard line to 10 yard line to adequately socially distance.
- Cheerleaders will be assigned to cheer on the track. Social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- The Blue Devil Band will play from the east endzone stands. The visiting band will be assigned the west end of the visitor stands. Social distancing and bell covers are strongly encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available on each team bench. Hand sanitizer will also be available at the concession stands.
- Sportsmanship – Athletes and coaches will stand at the hashes and “tip their helmet” after the game. A handshake line is not permissible.
- The visiting team will take care of their own water and hydration following GHSA guidance.
- Each school is responsible for COVID-19 pre-screening their own team prior to the start of the game and will follow the most recent GHSA guidance for football.
Thank you in advance for adhering to our procedures for creating a safe environment for all in attendance.
Patrick Hill, Athletic Director Jeff Kaiser, Head Football Coach Chad Prosser, Principal