Blue Devil Parents,
Statesboro High School, Optim Sports Medicine, and Dr. Robert Wagner are excited to offer Spring Physicals to any SHS athlete who desires to try out for a sport at SHS during the 2019-2020 school year. The sports physical would be valid for the entire 2019-2020 school year and will cost $10. As always, SHS student-athletes have the option of using their primary care physician to obtain a physical.
In order to take part in the pre-participation evaluation and physical, the following items must be completed, signed, and turned in by the end of the day Monday, April 15th to Ms. Beasley in the athletic office (available to print using the link above or just below this list):
- Medical Consent to Treat Form
- Statesboro High School / Optim Athletic Participation Form 2019-2020
- Statesboro High School Travel / Insurance Form 2019-2020
- Georgia High School Association Student / Parent Concussion Awareness Form 2019-2020
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation History Form (Front and Back)
The timeline for the pre-participation evaluation and physical is:
- April 16th to April 19th – Pre-Participation Evaluations conducted during students’ PE (or other elective) class
- April 22nd – Physical conducted during students’ elective class ($10 due at this time)
The GHSA requires that each student-athlete must have an annual physical examination on file (see information from the GHSA Constitution and By-Laws below).
Students must have a certificate of an annual physical examination on file at the school prior to participating in any athletic try-outs, practices, voluntary workouts or games that indicate the students are physically approved for participation. Physical examinations will be good for twelve (12) months from the date of the exam. EXCEPTION: Any physical examination taken on or after April 1 in the preceding year will be accepted for the entire next GHSA school year.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the SHS Athletic Office at 912-212-8860 or email Coach Prosser (Athletic Director) at email@example.com.